New Jan 17 cpt not connecting to the existing FG32+
| Support Home | Forums | Reply | Search |
Sedona Discussions Controls Discussion Forum / Sedona Discussions /

New Jan 17 cpt not connecting to the existing FG32+

Author Steven S...
Registered
#1 | Posted: 16 May 2017 15:00  
I have downloaded the new Jan 17 cpt tool but it will not connect to the existing controller but if I use the June 16 cpt tool all is ok, anyone have any ideas please, the warning comes up as follows:-
error code: 10, error info: web-eec97fbd
--------------------------------------------------
ERROR 2017-05-16T14:58:38.303 ..\src\sedona\manifest\manifest_db.cpp @ 93 "ManifestDB: failed to extract manifest C:/Users/Stephen/Documents/CPT Development Jan 17/CPT Development 23092016/SedonaDataFolders/SedonaFG/manifests\web\web-eec97fbd.xml from kits db"
ERROR 2017-05-16T14:58:38.303 ..\src\sedona\sedona_data.cpp @ 84 Failed to load schema
Author Jukka H...
#2 | Posted: 17 May 2017 03:54  
If you look at the error messages it complaints that it cannot find manifest (kit);-
web-eec97fbd.xml

The web-kit is not used/required with the SDC/EASYIO controllers and therefore was removed from the January CPT Tool. In fact if it is installed to the controllers using the kit management it should be uninstalled as it does not give any benefit, but uses the controller memory and slows down the performance.

So I would
- uninstall the web kit using June 16 versions using kit management
- then try the connection using Jan 17 version, and you should be able to connect

The other solution is to copy from CPT June 16 /SedonaDataFolders/SedonaFG/kits/web folder to the same location on the Jan17 CPT tool. This way you will still have the old obsolete kit available on the Jan17 CPT tool. But even in this I would recommend to uninstall the web kit from the controller as it is not used.

Related article
http://www.syxthsense.com/support/forum/error-connecting-to-sedona-controller-when-us ing-new-cpt-tool-11-121.html
Sedona Discussions Controls Discussion Forum / Sedona Discussions / New Jan 17 cpt not connecting to the existing FG32+ Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Controls Discussion Forum Powered by Bulletin Board Script miniBB ®